I thought the only place in Penang to have crepe cake is Humble Beginnings, Straits Quay. But I was wrong. Seems like there’s another place that’s much nicer, comfier and spacious, as compared to the small shop of Humble Beginnings at Straits Quay.
The Twelve Cups. Yup. That’s the name of the shop, located along Beach Street, Penang.At first I thought it’d would probably be more of a coffee-based shop, but apparently no. Not really anyway. The attraction there it their crepe cake.Glad Hui suggested this place for our girls meet-up with Cherrie last Sunday. I love trying new places. Lately it’s like a ‘thing’ for me to try new places and write about it. Haha. And this is one place I’m really happy to be introduced to. Besides parking being a slight problem if you’re a lady and is suppose to go there at night (cause it’s kinda dark on the road at Beach Street), this is a really nice place to chill and hangout. The sofa chairs just makes it just that much more comfortable. 🙂
Anyways, we ordered 4 cakes to be shared among the 5 of us girls. I find it rather silly to use 80% of the plate to write words with chocolate syrup while the cake is squeezed into the remaining 20%. On top of that, whatever’s written just doesn’t make sense. Some sounds silly even. ‘Be Happy’ is kinda way too cliche and cheesy, but it’s still okay. ‘Sunday I’m In Love’? Please. Just please. Bleh. 😉
Cake number 1. Tiramisu Pretty yummy, if I may say so. I love how the cakes, all four of them actually, are so soft, your fork just slide all the way from the top right down to the plate. The Tiramisu ain’t too creamy like some of the Tiramisu’s that I’ve tried elsewhere. The blend of the coffee taste with the rest of the cake ingredients is just nice, none of it overpowering the other.
Cake number 2. Hokkaido MilkThis is way too milky for my liking. Way way way too milky. It’s like the whole thing is made of solely milk. Don’t get me wrong. I do drink milk. But as a cake, it’s just too much. It doesn’t even taste like a cake. It’s more like eating milk crepe. 😛
Cake number 3. MangoOh gawd. This is so bad, I cringe when I took my first bite. Bleh! But I guess this depends on preference cause it seems like one of my friends, Wei Yi, actually liked it, though, I think she’s the only one. 😉
Cake number 4. Coffee ChocolateThis is my favourite. It’s so yummy, I decided to buy a slice back for my mum who doesn’t like cakes. And even she said it’s yummy! So it’s a big thumbs up for this one. 🙂
I actually prefer the cakes here, as opposed to the one at Humble Beginnings, despite my lack of interest in the Hokkaido Milk and Mango. The cakes here are softer and slight more moist. Though, I really have no complains for the Humble Beginnings cakes as well. 😉
After filling our bellies with these yummy (and not-so-yummy cakes), we had a short photo session at the nearby carpark where we parked our cars. Or rather, cam-whoring session. 😉 I gotta say, I miss hanging out with my high school friends.The true and real ones are really hard to replace. But I guess the same goes with current adult friends, even though the number of sincere ones might be lower. 😉 I’m glad to say, I’m blessed enough to have met a handful of really good friends over the past few years. 🙂 True friends are rare, and I’m glad I’ve got them. The old and new ones alike. 🙂